Search This Blog

Monday, May 15, 2006

oblivion

days of electronic gaming got revived in my life, tho in a very differnt form.

i've always been very much a skeptic of console games. my wife got me a psp last year and it was like the coolest gadget u wanna be spotted with. this year it's the year i gave up on pc gaming altogether. i might still have a relatively fast laptop running at 3.2GHz with 1G Ram, but my 128Mb VRam seems obelete and cant run FPS or realtime strategy in full glory. i love eye candy .... i need jerkless gaming .... even StarWarsGalaxies lags in Mustafar and it's deemed unplayable.

enter the new realm .... console gaming. i bought a Premium Xbox360 along with a 26inch Sony Bravia that comes free with a simple home theatre sound system. what i cant do on my laptop i can now on the new machine. the very sameday i got oblivion on 360 .... gone are the days of slowmo cut scenes and the rendering is awesome, not to mention oblivion is like the best game in town now. my next target .... PS3 .... now with the LCD tv running on component connections with HighDefn, life is never the same again. one set back is not the size of my room that cant "make cool" this Sony Bravia with the xbox360 combi but rather the free DVD receiver was Region3 fixed. i've sent it for decoding and hope it works, especially when all my dvds are Region1.

my last attempt on pc games is above, dreamfall: the longest journey. this game very much reminds me of my good ol favoruite pc adventure games like GabrielKnight3, Pantasmagoria, 11th Hour etc. i'm still at the early stage of this game and enjoying most moments of it, just like i find oblivion very intriguing. there's this ape doll that speaks with a low voice, he's a watilla doll by the name of wonkers. somehow it touches me, i can feel his lonliness.

HWM is a zine i keep stopping to buy. this issue features some LCD high Defn tv that i'm gonna be keen. last saturday there were 6 copies of oblivion guide, i was contemplating on purchasing it. 2day there's only 1 copy left so i had no choice to pay for it without my wife's kinokuniya member discount. ok 4 wave5 SW saga figures from Falcon's Hangar and kind Roy let off a Greedo to me to breakup his set. nice fellow.

more picutes of my bravia when my dvd receiver returns.

No comments: