Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

moving

been delaying an expedition to HMV. avoidance is bliss, the fear, the possibility of buying, avoidance is bliss. 2nite i had some time. my pure intention is to locate "the kick inside" by kate bush.

my wife brought a cd down to the car, she had it awhile back .... "when angels sing", a compilation of great female vocals of our time, where we got from gramophone. an astonishing track caught me, the distinct vocals, it was kate bush. the song was "moving", which i then found out it was the first track from her first album (1978). and "wuthering heights" was like my all time fave kate bush song, and it's in her first album" the kick inside". i once had a cassette tape, "the whole story", a greatest hits album with "wuthering heights" in new vocals. my mind was set, i need this album.

i had ordered "ghost i-IV" by nine inch nails thru amazon. i would think it wouldnt be that fast HMV will have this cd, and i'll prob be a EU pressing. but to my depress and disappointment, i saw it 2nite. i gotta hold my cool, no double copies please .... i have to wait for my shipment to arrive .... and i got a ayumi single .... it says "mirrorle world" .... but in the end the song is "mirror" in the mix. avoided also a mika nakashima single. i figure if i wanna get any japanese artist singles, i must make sure there are some form of remix or alternate version, cos mostly, these artist will compile all their singles and b-sides and put it all in the album ultimately. instrumental version of the song in the single does not warrant a purchase, my motto.

~ moving
moving stranger, does it really matter?
as long as you're not afraid to feel
touch me, hold me, how my open arms ache
try to fall for me

how i'm moved, how you move me
with your beauty's potency
you give me life, please dont let me go
you crush the lily in my soul

moving liquid, yes, you are just water
you flow around all that comes in your way
dont think it over, it always takes you over
and sets your spirit dancing

No comments: